These are my links for April 20th through May 5th:
- The Open Sourcerer » How to install OpenERP 6 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Server (Part 2 – SSL) –
- The Open Sourcerer » How to install OpenERP 6 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Server (Part 1) –
- Understanding UPSs and recommendations – Best way to size the UPS is to grab one of those cheap Elto power meters (<$25 from bunning, mitre 10 or the supermarket). Measure the power used by each device you are going to connect to the UPS to get a rough watts total then convert to VA (see below).
Remember to put the device under load to get a more representative value, ie: don't measure your PC while it's idle crank some programs/games/benchmarks.
UPS's are typically quoted in VA (volt amps), as a general rule of thumb: watts used / 0.6 gives you an safe approximate VA value to aim for.
A good 2000VA UPS is going to cost you quite a bit, probably around $1k+
So definitely measure with a power meter.
I suspect even though your PSU is 1200w it won't be using near that amount.
APC have a UPS calculator online too:
- UPS Selector Sizing Applications –
- Bookmarks for April 15th through April 20th — Somewhere out there! – blog: Bookmarks for April 15th through April 20th: These are my links for April 15th through April 20th: crossgf…