It is painful reading the comments at Rod Drury > Open XML Crunch Time.
Robert O’Callahan has a useful comparison to the HTML standard.
Ignore the usually stupid naming call on both sides. Over and over, we have the same:
- Business case – Many billion documents in the old format.
- Business case – Cost to move away from Office
- Technical case – What happens to innovation?
- Business case – The future is not dependent on the past in this situation.
- Business case – Why should a ISO standard justify _your_ potential OOXML business model?
- Techical case – What happened to making it work?
Some of it seems to be what hear about at global whaling conference.